Welcome! Please Browse around, there are hidden gems in this site.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Underwater Camera + Scuba Diving + Grenada/Caribbean - Sculpture Park

 HOW CAN I TAKE PHOTOS LIKE THESE? easy.
One thing I had a lot of experience with before I started SGU in the Caribbean was scuba diving... I decided to purchase an underwater camera set before I arrived (made sure to avoid import taxes) ... to take the fun to the next level, and well... you be the judge of how much that paid off.

It is really easy to get started, and not too expensive. ANY digital camera is fine. Although I recommend not using any form of SLR. Cannon Powershots are great, and what I used to take these photos was a Panasonic ZS3 + underwater housing. Total it cost me about $450.

    Here's what you do: 
* Get your digital camera
* Search online using "your digital camera model" + "underwater housing"

(Just make sure you find the one that looks like solid plastic, specifically built for your camera model not a multi-purpose one-fits-all "plastic bag")
* Check the reviews and ratings just in case... most of these are rated to 300 feet or (10 ATM/atmospheres), which is what you want, but don't worry so much about the rating, if you get a solid looking case it will be made for this)

* Get certified and there you go! or... just take it to the beach!

Might I suggest this Setup - This is one of your cheapest setups under $400 with great photo quality, both above AND underwater. 




Photos for a lifetime to remember those medical school weekends... anyone students in the caribbean can appreciate this, SGU, ROSS, AUC, UOC, etc

(You can see the enlarged images if you click on the photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment