Welcome! Please Browse around, there are hidden gems in this site.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Control + F = Find (Apple + F on a mac)

Attention Medical Students!

If you don't know about this computer shortcut, I am about to change your life.


When looking for information on a website, in a word document, and ESPECIALLY a digital copy of a textbook or PDF file.... Press Control + F. A search box comes up, you type in what you're looking for and it instantly finds what you're looking for.

Save yourself a ton of time. Don't sit there and flip through pages and pages of textbook or scrolling and God-Forbid... READING... through a long wikipedia article, or even bother with a glossary!
STOP IT. This is 2011.

I make sure I take all my notes in digital form, save all my textbooks in pdf, and have digital copies of nearly everything. Why? So if I ever want to quickly look up something from a previous class, I can find it in seconds, instead of russling through stacks of pages from 2 years of basic science coursework. Even the most OCD of us are annoyed by the huge stacks of papers we accumulate after 2 years of medical basic science courses. Save yourself the hassle and think ahead for the Step. If you want to reference something, you want to do it quick. Control + F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment