+ There are many styles of "Doctor Bags" in case you want something suited for your style. +Also, the penlights, BP cuff, and Reflex hammers all have multiple colors if that suits your style and you want to match scrubs.
<-- +Here's a link to the Quality Welsch-Allyn Otoscope/Opthalmoscope
(Still Cheaper than SGU website). I actually reccommend this one if you plan on using it in the future (beyond medical school)
+Don't Forget Extra Disposable Specula! You'll need more of the larger ones (4mm, **Latex-free are posted down below - Especially for the ACD kit. (btw, the 2.5 mm are more for children)
+Here's the tourniquet you need btw, if you want to get it, again this is one of those items you don't need because it's usually supplied, but if you insist its gotta be big enough for your thigh.
+ This pocket chart (although not snellen, has a RULER on the side, super useful to measure JVP. . .
*** THE PANOPTIC WELCH ALLYN OPTHALMOSCOPE IS SO GOOD. I came across this in clinical practice and I swear, you can finally see the whole eye in a circle like the textbooks!!
+IPHONE/GADGETS!! I am excited to announce some nifty products for those who like using new technology!! This is the medicine of the future people, start getting used to it + check it out!
- Iphone Pulse Oximeter adapter!
- Iphone blood pressure cuff adapter!
- USB Otoscope + portable veinfinder
- *soon there will be otoscope/opthalmoscope adapters + Ultrasound adapters for Phones!
- also, Check out this Free App you can use to measure your heart rate --> FREE HR App - it tracks the fluctuations of color in your fingertip as it is perfused with blood with each heart beat, giving you a waveform and surprisingly accurate heart rate.