Welcome! Please Browse around, there are hidden gems in this site.

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

The Billing of MEDICINE - We have Lost Our WaY in the USA

hello world!

I am back, I think its time I start blogging again. I think its been almost 10 years and out if the blue, I've been inspired to reconnect.

I have many stories, have traveled all around the USA to many different hospital systems, met plenty of doctors across different specialties, and shared the frustrations of the many.

With the rise of corporate medicine, capitalism driving the priorities of how hospitals and clinics are managed, funded, reimbursed, and run... the gift of being a provider of medicine has been lost on me.

The gift now lies in learning to take proactive step to avoid ever needing the medical system.

Financial health translates into physical health outcomes, and sadly if to make a dollar means taking a dollar away from funding housing, healthy food options, transportation, and community reaources, then, sadly I have to say that medicine has lost its way.

Now in 2022 we have more physician employees than business owners, with large institutions raking in billions of $ per year, and frankly physicians have allowed this to happen on their watch, giving control of the practice of medicine to the greedy capitalists.

All hope is not lost, but we must identify and diagnose the problem before attempting to become professionals practicing treatments for the problem.

So with that, I hope to come back and bring some new content, hopefully sooner than later... take care and be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment